Just a note that may no longer be an issue: The Emacs package on my
7.0 beta CD image (taken almost the first day of release) is
incompatible with Emacspeak.  Where it fails is very unclear, but
the symptom is most (not all) key mappings produce an error message
showing a list of garbage strings as the bound value (buffer overflow?)

My guess is every key re-mapped by Emacspeak is affected. The actual
error message has the form

        wrong number of arguments: #[(some function)] (garbage)

This occurs whether or not I use the default user .emacs init file,
and both Emacs versions have the same FSF release number.  Emacspeak
works fine with the Emacs shipped in 6.1, so the trouble must be
somewhere in the changes made by us between those versions.

The only other glitches I've found so far are the generated XF86Config
disables the alt->meta keymapping, and KDE says it has a wrong
mime-type when I try to Execute Program "emacs" from the right-click
menu.

--
Gary Lawrence Murphy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: office voice/fax: 01 519 4222723
TCI - Business Innovations through Open Source : http://www.teledyn.com