You are right, this is the whole problem when installing individual
packages.
A way to overcoming this is downloading or consulting www.rusfus.com, select
the package and there you'll find what is provided, needed  and the
changelog.
But the best way were of course installing as by the installation of the
distribution, there dependency problems are detected and resolved.
Eric