Hi,

Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> Till Kamppeter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >  - The most recent stable version of X-CD-Roast is 0.96ex2, the version
> > coming with Mandrake 7.1 is only 0.96e. That old
> >    version has still a bug in the nonroot-mode and the cdparanoia
> > support. So it should be updated. Get it from
> >    www.xcdroast.org.
>
> We are in freeze now. Such an upgrade must be done very cautiously.

This X-CD-Roast 0.96ex2 is a bugfix release, I only made it because
users complained about the nonroot bug (in all newer distributions of
Linux the nonroot-mode didn't work any more because of a change of the
SUID policy of bash) and the bug of the progress bar not working when
audio CDs are read using CD-Paranoia. I have fixed these two bugs in the
0.96ex2 version and I havn´t done anything more there. This 0.96ex2
version already appeared in Red Hat 6.2, Caldera 2.4, and Conectiva 5.0
(www.conectiva.com). I didn't get bug reports of the users any more
since I released 0.96ex2. All reports I got were from users which got
the obsolete 0.96e with a Linux distribution. I don't know why so many
distribution companies (SuSE for example) ignore this bugfix release.

   Till