Hi,

I have a 3GB (3098 MB) IDE drive of type ST3321A:
128 heads, 63 sectors, 787 cylinders

I tried to perform server installation in expert mode.
In Setup filesystems stage I cleared all partitions and let Auto allocate them.
The partitioning program gave me strange results - some partition sizes (in sectors)
and Start sector numbers were fractional !

When I tried to format these strange partitions:
"An error occurred
ext2 formatting of hda8 failed."

After this, I deleted all partitions, and created the new ones of the same size in MB
(as were previously calculated) manually.
The sizes in sectors and Start sector numbers were OK (without decimal values beyond
the point).
The formatting also was OK.

Eduardas