Kaixo!

CPT KIDD <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I've got more than 1 linux-mandrake 7.0 o/s's on one hdd.
> >
> > hda1=my main stable linux-mandrake 7.0
> > hda3=windows
> > hda4=beta 7.1-2 mdk o/s
> >
> > when doing lilo, it complains that bzImage isn't present when in beta o/s or it
> > complains that vmlinuz isn't present from my stable linux mdk o/s.

You should have created a /boot partition; it is perfect for just
that kind of things. Then you can use the same /boot partition with both
Linux systems (and even others, or other distributions, whatever).

Then in /etc/lilo.conf :

image = /boot/vmlinuz-foo
  root = /dev/hda1
  label = foo
  read-only
image = /boot/vmlinuz-bar
  root = /dev/hda4
  label = bar
  read-only

you can even put the real lilo.conf in /boot and have /etc/lilo.conf on both
systems be a symlink to it.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga