On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Robert L Martin wrote:

> and how does one find a site correctly configured to use as a source

Either:
# urpmi.setup

or

http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon

> and what if you don't can't have working network connections on the box in question?

Buy a workstation DVD or siimlar, or if you have a fast connection
somewhere else, mirror that to a hard-disk or simlar (that is what I do).

> this of course is a question of finding files on a site MANUALLY
$ urpmq --sources <package>

And, I don't see what the original problem is, all mirrors are very
similar (some may choose not to carry SRPMS, some may not carry contrib,
but otherwise they should be identical). You will find packages in :
cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS
cooker/i586/Mandrake/RPMS2
(which is a link to:)
contrib/i586
or
contrib/RPMS

SRPMS in:
cooker/i586/Mandrake/SRPMS
or
contrib/SRPMS

(assuming iX86 here)

these paths should be relative to the links on the cooker page.

Buchan