Le dim 09/03/2003 à 16:21, Brent Hasty a écrit :
> whose un-bright idea was it to make double click default in mdk 9.1 rc2?`

I don't know who it is, but *a lot* of users coming from Windows were
having problems with the single click, and they ended up always starting
their application twice. I don't think it's an un-bright idea,
especially in the corporate environment.

> Forever it has been a single click enviroment in KDE, this change is really
> throughing a wrench at users who are familiar with and prefer a single click
> enviroment, makes it a real pain to have to go through and adjust the mouse
> clicks fore each useser on the network.

If you have a lot of users, and you're the sysadmin, then it's really
simple:
find -type f|grep kdeglobals|xargs perl -pi -e \
  "s/SingleClick=false/SingleClick=true/;"

And it will replace all your users settings
(~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals), plus the default setting in
/usr/share/config/kdeglobals.

Jean-Michel