Hello,

This may seem like a strange thing to do but I have a requirement to have a
user who only has 16bpp, while everybody else will be on 24bpp. (This is so a
product which runs using WINE will run correctly.)

Is there a way of getting different XF86Config's for different users ? X says
it no longer looks for XF86Config files in the $HOME directory, so that idea
failed !

Another solution would be to change colour depth during the X session. I
remember reading somewhere that something like <Ctrl> + <Alt> + '-' would do
this, but it has never worked for me !

I appologise if this seems like a bit of a newbie question, but it is an area I
don't know much about.

Thanks,
Owen