Stefan van der Eijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> This is now a LC_* configuration (got todo with the French language?).
> gtk+ refuses to build on my systems, it doesn't like make 3.79 (which is
> in cooker) but builds fine with make 3.77. And there are some more
> packages (on both alpha and intel) that don't build...

Yes, we noticed the problem in make. However, this is apparently a matter
of lower tolerance to errors as of Make 3.79 [there is a strip without
arguments somewhere, 3.79 won't tolerate that]. We did not know actually
what to do on that, and now I fear it will be too late..

For the LC_* config, I don't really know how to cleanly fix this problem.
Here's the transcript:

[gc@kenobi ~/rpm] locale
LANG=POSIX
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"