Chmouel Boudjnah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> David Hedbor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I just tried the USB syncing with my Visor and noticed that the
> > backported code is rather old. To be exact, it spits out a lot of
> > debug and if the hotsync is aborted prematurely, and the USB is
> > disconnected while the devices are in use, just about all programs
> > sigsegv and the kernel is left in a very unstable state. This is
> > problems there existed in the very first Visor drivers and have since
> > been fixed.
>
> I don't have any Visor to test, USB is very very unstable for some
> devices, what working is :

I am aware of that. However the Visor support in 2.3.99 is very good
(never had a visor problem with the 2.3.99 kernel.

> Maybe some others devices but i can't guarantee(fix/support) anything.
>
> > Are there any plans to integrate a never version of the USB support?
> > I'd love to avoid using a 2.3 kernel for many reasons...
>
> The USB backport come from 2.3.99-pre6 i can't upgrade the backport
> now and i don't think upgrade to the latest kernel will fix all USB
> problems (even with 2.3.* USB is very unstable).

Again, I ran Visor USB w/o a problem with the 2.3 kernel. However it
does look like the source tree has a new version. Perhaps the backport
is more unstable than the 2.3 version. In any case, I did have this
exact problem back with the 2.3.40 kernel (or something in that range)
and it was fixed.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
Don't get even -- get odd!