On Wednesday 12 March 2003 13:49, Levi Ramsey wrote:
> On Wed Mar 12 19:29 +0200, Buchan Milne wrote:
> > I don't know if it's a good idea for postfix to receive mail from
> > non-localhost by default?
>
> I think forcing anybody who wants to use Postfix to receive mail from
> outside to do the (minimal and well-documented) configuration change
> manually is a good thing.
The Mandrake changes are mostly needed by the Mandrake directory structure.

There are two Mandrake changes to which I object:
inet_interfaces = localhost
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $DOMAIN

They both break postfix and they are both unnecessary.

Postfix will not run without hostname and domainname.

There are not configured in /etc/sysconfig/network by default.

Of course this is all well documented but packagers should either not make
functional changes or they should note them in a consistent manner and place
and display them in the postinstall scripts.

Jim Tarvid

[EMAIL PROTECTED] postfix-2.0.6]# postconf -n
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
command_directory = /usr/sbin
config_directory = /etc/postfix
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
debug_peer_level = 2
delay_warning_time = 4
inet_interfaces = localhost
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a $DOMAIN
mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq.postfix
manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-2.0.6/README_FILES
setgid_group = postdrop
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name ($mail_version) (Mandrake Linux)
unknown_local_recipient_reject_code = 450