Hi.

This is a kind of report on my experiences with:

Mandrake Linux Cooker-i586 20030313 19:48

Nice installer, could not figure out how to enter the "expert" mode with
hd.img (?). Some splash ad png files were missing.

After 3-4 re-installs I ended up with ext3 fs corruption each time. The last
time the machine was on during the night when this happened, it was so bad my
hdd/controller was reset I had to turn the power off so that the bios could
find the hdd again.

Well..., back to using 9.0 and my cooker formatted ext3 home partition could
not be fsck:ed because of some new unrecognised ext3 parameters. Grabbed and
built e2fsprogs-1.32 from cooker. I hope we'll see e2fsprogs-1.32 as an 9.0
update?

I'm sorry but I was not able to enter my "/" partition with rescue to figure
out what caused this. Also I have no time with these kinds of exercises... My
guess it's something with the ext3 driver and/or dma?

Chears.
--
Regards // Oden Eriksson, Deserve-IT.Com