On Friday 14 March 2003 15:38, Adam Williamson wrote:

> > * Thu Mar 13 2003 Danny Tholen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2.4.21.0.16mdk
> >
> > - supermount 1.1.1 (a great job, by Andrey Borzenkov)
> > - small snd-emu10k1 patch
> > - dmi_scan fixes (Thomas Backlund)
> > - custom config should now have patches enabled
>
> I don't like this at all. Read the description.
Bad luck for you.
> This kernel was supposed
> to be simply the Mandrake kernel, with specific patches - pre-empt and
> lowlatency - for multimedia use.
By whom it was supposed so?

>Instead it seems to have become the
> Danny Tholen Let's Include Any Patches That Look Fun kernel.
The patches are not what I think is fun. They:
a) fix a bloody oops with snd-emu10k1, tested and verified, and will probably
also in the final kernel for main (if we get an alsa update).
b) supermount in main sucks more than the one i included. But main kernel
should be QAed, this kernel not. I expect these patches to go in main after
release. Furthermore, this patch solves some minor problem between supermount
and preemption.
c) various people have been saying that Thomas patch fixed the acpi problems
they had. Possibly Juan will/has already included it in 14mdk for main. It
just disables ACPI on a few more mobos.

I will not include just random unrelated patches that will not go in main, I
will just try to keep up with main. Do you actually know what you are talking
about?

>I don't
> think this is a good idea, even in contribs. IMO, it should just stick
> to being the stock Mandrake kernel with those specific
> audio-application-helping patches in it.
If you do not like it, you can always build your own kernel. I'm sure it will
suck more than mine.

Danny