On Saturday 15 March 2003 09:36 pm, Leon Brooks honored me with this
communique:
> On Friday 14 March 2003 03:56 am, Francisco Alcaraz Ariza wrote:
> > 1) I don't think that American people that would buy Mandrake won't buy
> > it now, because all the American not Windows user were antipatriotic
> > before. If you are a good American, you must use windows, musn't you?
>
> No. It's a risk to national security.
>
>     http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,5264,00.asp
>
> Straight from the horse's mouth.
>
> And now they are sharing it with China and Russia. D'oh?
>
> Just wondering how many Chinese and Russians are here who wet themselves
> laughing at the thought of this chuztpah. (-:
>
> Cheers; Leon

I agree with Leon (especially about Windows being a security risk), plus there
are other factors:

1) Jingoism (the prevailing mentality, unfortunately) is not synonymous with
patriotism;

2) True American patriots understand the contributions the French have made to
our history, especially the important part they played in our fight for
independence, and

3) The freedom of speech and opinion that we Americans supposedly value is
worthless if we do not extend the same right to other nations.

As an American patriot and history aficionado, I deplore the barbaric
attitudes displayed by some of my countrymen in the face of understandable
international disagreement. They clearly have little regard for history and
the basic tenets of our own society and government.

However, this discussion has no place on this list.

Jay De King
Tallahassee, FL
(Descendant of American Revolutionary War veterans - thank you France)

--
When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is
not hereditary.