On Monday 17 March 2003 06:13 pm, James Sparenberg wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 05:51, Greg Meyer wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, if manage to build and test it in the next fifteen minutes.
> >
> > ROTFLMAO
> >
> > Well then, you should be able to sneak a few more things in then.  I want
> > packet writing included in the kernel.
> >
> > But this does mean that 9.1 goes out the door with KDE and KDE apps
> > unable to run in Xnest or vnc.  Major, major, major, and it means I'm
> > going to have to stick to 9.0.  oh Poo.
>
> Greg Curiosity here.... Did this work with 9.0's 3.1.... and what would
> happen if you move the 9.0 version up to 9.1.... Hmmmmm I need a box to
> start playing with.

I am running 3.1 on 9.0 now.  I rebuilt it from the Club src.rpms and I can
use all kde and qt apps in fluxbox via vnc.  In fact, that is how I am
sending this message now.  Unfortunately, I cannot risk an upgrade since this
is my production box and it will take me some time to get 9.0 running the way
I have it here on another machine to test the upgrade.  Alternatively, I have
enough hdd space to copy the existing install to another partition and
upgrade that, not touching the original, but again, that will take some time
to get done.  Unfortuantely, I am an accountant in the middle of tax season
and time is rather limited right now.

I would be curious to see if it is a XFree bug in 4.3 that does not exist in
4.2.1 also.  Could I try to doengrade XFree to 4.2.1 on a 9.1 box and see
what that does.
--
Greg