On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:00:37 +0100 (CET)
Marcel Pol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [Contrib-RPM]
> Name        : mono                         Relocations: (not relocateable)
> Version     : 0.23                              Vendor: MandrakeSoft
> Release     : 1mdk                          Build Date: Tue Mar 18 11:52:12
> 2003 URL         : http://www.go-mono.com/
> Summary     : Mono Runtime.
> Description :
> Mono is an implementation of the ECMA Common Language Infrastructure,
> it contains both a just-in-time compiler for maximum performance, and
> an interpeter.  It can also be used to run programs from the .NET
> Framework.

Could someone from MandrakeSoft look into this, if they want this included in
the distro (contribs)?
Ximian claims in their faq that there are no patenting issues, but that could
be considered a naive point of view. I can imagine that MandrakeSoft doesn't
like to risk a lawsuit from Microsoft about unlicensed IP or patents, etc. If
there's a decision that it's not going to be included it should be moved to
PLF.

--
Marcel Pol