On Wednesday 19 March 2003 05:39 pm, Chad wrote:
> Then simply type some thing along the lines of urpms (urpmi for SRPMS)
> urpms –flags=”--mach=k6-2 -o3”  kde-full
> urpms would then sort out the dependencies required for a full install of
> kde the kde packages build them in the correct order with the CFLAGS and
> CXXFLAGS set to the –flags option and install them setting up kdm or mdkdm.
> I'd also like to be able to do the same with gcc so “ urpms –flags=xxx
> gcc”

Hear, hear! (-:

I'd also like to implement a simple technique for turning the updates list
into an incremental download. New updates are simply appended to an alternate
hdlist.cz-ish file (gzip has always known how to cope with this) - maybe call
it hdlist.incz - and all urpmi has to do is `resume' downloading against its
cached version to get only the bits of the hdlist that have changed since it
last looked. This would turn megabytes-long re-downloads of the updates list
into kilobytes-long resyncs.

> 3)The final suggestion I have is for the creation of an App called
> something like drakecooker or cookerdrake. This would be a program for
> helping with cooker testing.

Hear, hear!

Cheers; Leon