> "Hoyt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Nothing is more annoying than to try and intall an rpm and have it fail
> > because of a dependency issue, only to 1)have =that= rpm fial because of
> > another dependency issue, or 2) have the dependency

you are saying because package foo requires package bar so you must also
download package bar to satisfy pacakge foo right ??

just use rpm --force ...e.g. i don't insall the mandrake_desk package becuse
i don't ened it so i use --force for wmaker. it's only in some cases that
you should use --force anyway.

be some library