I am aware that the howto's are in /user/doc but if the html versions
were installed under /home/http along with mandrakeuser.org it would be
easy to index the pages with htdig. this would make it easy for anyone
with a browser to be able to search the howto's doc's whatever.

The last part is that some have complained that the distro is getting to
big and they want a minimal install. What I am saying is that apache and
htdig if they were installed just as a search facilitator for only the
local machine (with permissions set for only localhost to use for
security) would mot take up that much space they are both combined last
i looked under a meg of space. However the howto's are another matter.
The point is that it is doable.