Am Dienstag, 1. April 2003 18:08 schrieb George Mitchell:
> Elliott Martin wrote:
> >seeing the wishlist flyby got me thinking...
> >
> >...it would be really cool if there were a drak tool for joystick
> >configuration...
> >
> >anyway, it's just an idea!
> >
> >-elliott
>
> Long overdue!  For USB joysticks it should be easy.  The problem is with
> gameport joysticks.  I think the gameport itself requires configuring
> and the drivers for them are sort of proprietary ... like sound chip
> drivers.  :-/

Can't say for others but here it was fairly easy with via kt133a onboard sound
gameport, just copy and paste from the web somewhere.

For my current soundcard alsa has loaded gameport automagically, for analog
joysticks there is js-calibrate. So I think it is not a big issue to enable
joystick support at all
--
counter.li.org : #296567.