On Thursday 03 April 2003 05:31 am, Brook Humphrey wrote:
> On Thursday 03 April 2003 04:20 am, Florin wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Brook Humphrey) writes:

> > > How exactly do you have it set up?
> > >
> > > O have been wanting to dig into it more but it seems to really mess up
> > > samba sharing for me no matter what I do with it. On the shorewall site
> > > they recommend uninstalling the madrake version and installing their
> > > versions they have for download.
> >
> > you must kiddin' ...
> >
> > where did you see the message about unistalling the mandrake version ...
> > ?
>
> No I'm not wana see:
> http://www.shorewall.net/two-interface.htm
>
> I quote:
>
> If you are running Shorewall under Mandrake 9.0 or later, you can easily
> configure the above setup using the Mandrake "Internet Connection Sharing"
> applet. From the Mandrake Control Center, select "Network & Internet" then
> "Connection Sharing".
>
> Note however, that the Shorewall configuration produced by Mandrake
> Internet Connection Sharing is strange and is apt to confuse you if you use
> the rest of this documentation (it has two local zones; "loc" and "masq"
> where "loc" is empty; this conflicts with this documentation which assumes
> a single local zone "loc"). We therefore recommend that once you have set
> up this sharing that you uninstall the Mandrake Shorewall RPM and install
> the one from the download page then follow the instructions in this Guide.

If this is true it may explain why hothing I assign to the loc interface will
work. No wonder I cant get samba to see the stupid machine. I will look into
this further.

Sorry for the second email. I just dawned on me when my problem has been this
whole time well unless I am not reading the above correctly.

- --
                                      Brook Humphrey
        Mobile PC Medic, 420 1st, Cheney, WA 99004, 509-235-9107
http://www.webmedic.net, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                 Holiness unto the Lord