>>> Also, for bugs already cited and not been fixed, it often comes from the
>>> fact that either it seems a very minor bug and we're stuck to bigger
>>> problems, or, we don't know how to fix it.
>>
>> Have you thought of using a bug tracking system for the distribution?
>
> yep. we do now. we are in progress, to make it publicly available to you
> cookers. should be done within weeks.

Good to hear!

>> It could cut down the amount of traffic on this list, repeated
>> problems, etc, ...
>
> not true IMHO. just look at the number of things people ask even when we
> answer. there is too much traffic here so that people can read all. for
> the bug tracking system it's the same. when people have a bug they are
> lazy to consult the bug tracking system.

That is correct, in that people will still open a new bug.  But that does
not mean you have to re-type the answer again.  Someone "in-the-know" (bug
database maintainer) can do a simple search for the previous occurance of
the bug, mark the bug as a duplicate to that one, and then the bug submitter
can retrieve the previous solution.  MUCH less work than completely
redocumenting the bug and it's fix.

Don Head
Linux Mentor
Wave Technologies, Inc.