Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

9.0 installed and runs perfectly on this configuration on both machines.

We therefore have a show-stopper regression. Serious!

We often have some. It's plain normal. Adding features often
break some. Especially when not much tested.

My originl 9.1 download was from the local (Brisbane) rsync.planetmirror mirror because ftp.sunet.su was too busy to be accessible.

The hd.img created from the above has the reported problem.

I now have changed over to ftp.sunet.se to pick up any modified or new components of 9.1.

This revealed a new hd.img, as judged by a different md5sum.

However this has exactly the same problem (cannot find IDE2 or IDE3 during install), so my 9.1 show on this one machine remains stopped

I reported this on Mandrake Expert on March 28 and on Mandtrake Cooker on April 2.

What is progress, and when can we expect a fix, please?

--
Ron. [Melbourne, Australia]
 20030119 Get Fastest Mandrake downloader, English-only,