Hello Chefs,

I've recently acquired XP1000 workstation (Alpha powered). Tried to install
cooker on it, but the installer kept falling over on various stages (did
not install any packages in the first place for example), and finally
segfault-ed (tried both ftp and nfs installs).

So I've installed 7.1b without major problems.

Now, two questions:

1) is there a way to upgrade 7.1b -> cooker on a running system?

2) if not, is there some "minimalistic" cooker installer available, that
would simply set up a basic system with urpmi?

The second thing is quite crucial for non-intel ports. We all know, that
cooker is a total swine to install from scratch, especially if the last
available stable is 7.1 with RPM3.

If I'm able to upgrade to cooker on this machine, I can give access to
Alpha port developers the same way, I've supplied 3 (UltraSparc 10)
machines to SPARC port developers (see
http://qa.mandrakesoft.com/twiki/bin/view/Main/MdkPorts
for details).

Regards,