Why strain at gnats while you swallow flies? I think this should be made as
an enhancement request, put at the bottom of the pile and handled later...

Cory

-----Original Message-----
From: Austin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 4:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Cooker] Re: [CHRPM] rpmdrake-2.1-21mdk

On 2003.05.29 18:33, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > > Singularis of "media" is "medium".
> >
> > Yes I know but urpmi has chosen long ago to use "media" and
> > "medias". I've discussed this with other ppl and decided to do the
> > same.
>
> Tough. It should change. Incorrect usage of language leads to
> confusion, the fact that it is longstanding makes no difference to the
> problem. If urpmi is broken, the correct course is to fix urpmi, not
> break everything else in order to be consistent; this applies to
> language just as much as it would to a programming error.

Not to mention that it looks very unprofessional.
If you want big corporations to take you seriously, this is the kind of
thing
that must be fixed.
Especially drakX!  First impressions are important.

Austin

--
                         Austin Acton Hon.B.Sc.
              Synthetic Organic Chemist, Teaching Assistant

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---