Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu 29 May 2003 07:11, Han Boetes posted as excerpted below:
> > Duncan wrote:
> > > As for the original thread topic, what I was ATTEMPTING to say,
> > > pointing to my own experience to back it up, was that yes, I
> > > agreed with the original poster. rc.sysinit *IS* a big pile of
> > > scripting unrelated save for they are all done at init functions
> > > into a big script file, when most of the rest of
> >
> > I can't overemphasize this: Don't complain, send patches :)
>
> Wait a minute! Didn't you just get thru busting me down because you
> thought I presumed to do just that? <g>
>
> Seriously, if I thought it'd help, I would, but just because it works
> on my system doesn't make it distribution worthy, especially when the
> reason it works is trial and error more than understanding, even on my
> system. However, that doesn't make the monolithic architecture of the
> current rc.sysinit any easier to follow.

Well that's the point. You have to send stuff that's usefull for
everyone, not just for yourself. And that requires quite some insight. I
won't recommend trying to improve rc.sysinit for begining shellscript-
coders.

But I am sure you find something to code that lies within your
capabilities.

# Han
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software