Now I've installed Mandrake for about 6 people. These people are all windows
converts who are not very good with PCs.  What they want and should have
when they use their machines are much less than the recommended install
offers, yet more than the minimum install.

These people need all of KDE and no other wms installed. They also need all
the *drak* configuration software, netscape communicator and some sort of
office suite. They need NOTHING else. Unfortunately it takes quite some time
for me to filter through all the other unneeded stuff whenever I install
Mandrake for them.

Lesson: newbies need one fully featured window manager with configuration
utilities, a web browser/email client and then they can install an office
suite (eg star office, corel etc.) Everything else confuses them AND takes
up unnecessary space.

It would be great to have a "BASIC DESKTOP" install which did this (ie about
as much as you get with a pre-installed windows PC.)

regards,
Con.

Keep up the good work.