Luca Berra wrote:

>> Until ldap uses sasl 2 it's useless to compile postfix with sasl 2.
> I beg to differ:
> Until ldap uses sasl 2 it's useless to compile postfix with ldap: ldap
> should be fixed, not postfix crippled.

No one said we should wait another 2 years to compile everything against
libsasl2, but switching postfix was a bit premature.

> since we might go on with this different view i propose to give lusers a
> choice: (see attached diff)
>
> while ldap users are able to authenticate with pam_ldap, non ldap_users
> would be very grateful of being allowed to use saslauthd.

We'll get rid of sasl1, but it has to be done in the right order and
planned ahead of time to keep problems down to the minimum:

1)db4->4.1
2)rebuild either sasl2 or openldap-2.1 against (1)
3)rebuild the other package from (2)
4)repeat (2)
5)rebuild all apps which link to both libldap2 and libsasl7 so they link
against libldap2 and libsasl2_2
6)rebuild the rest of the stuff that depends on libsasl7 (this can be done
over time, (5) cannot.

See the other postfix thread.

So, can someone (gc?) put my db4-4.1.25-1mdk package in cooker main
sometime this week so we can start rebuilding?

Buchan