> I still fail to see why people start "installing software" to see
> installed packages.. Typical scenario is to start the given
> program for a given task, isn't it? I launche "installing
> software" when I want to install software..

Perhaps to see the description of current installed packages.
Even if the installed packages are shown in the menu of each group, the user doesn't
necesseraly know the features of each installed packages, this list of features is
provided by the description of the installed packages.
So IMHO, it makes sense to show installed packages when the user want to install new
packages, in order to allow him to compare the description of current installed
packages to the description of the packages he may want to install.

Olivier Blin