On Sun, 28 May 2000, Guy T. Rice wrote:

> *I* don't generally use KDE (I prefer WindowMaker).  KWinTV still works just
> fine.  I think it only requires Qt, but I've never checked, it might require
> kdelibs too (but I don't think so)...

It depends on the presence of kdelibs-devel at build-time, I think.

If I remember well, the autoconf script checks for it, and if present you
get the benefit of session handling and other subtleties of kde, if not
you get a plain qt application.

(This is one of many reason why .src.rpm are more powerful than
precompiled ones).

The choice is up to you now, to decide whether the kwintv binary rpm
shipped with the distro should be compiled with or without the dependency
on kdelibs.

--
Stéphane Gourichon - Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris 6 - Équipe AnimatLab