On Friday 27 June 2003 16:44, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> A wish for MDK 9.2: full duplex sound drivers.
>
> Full duplex sound drivers are a must if you want to use
> teleconferencing like gnomemeeting. Some of the audio drivers
> delivered today in MDK 9.1 is only half duplex, eg. the one for my
> intel 810 sound device.
>
> I understand that ALSA drivers are always full duplex, while some
> other drivers that are standard with the kernel is only half duplex.
> I do not care whether the sound drivers are ALS or not, as long as
> they are full duplex and can work with eg gnomemeeting.

well, mdk already ship alsa, by default.
i don't really see what they can do to have more support ,except having
20 kernel alsa hacker on the problem.

they do what they can, but this is not mandrake responsabilty.

I would like to have a fully working acpi implementation, and a support
for my 3d card, but I know that mdk work as hard as they can, that they
cannot do much and I don't ask them to do this, this is not their
business.
A distibution integrates the technology, and something, they develop it,
but, not for everything.

So, please, think before posting if mdk can really change something.

--

Mickaël Scherer