Viestissä Sunnuntai 29. Kesäkuuta 2003 01:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] kirjoitti:
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003, Götz Waschk wrote:
> > Am Samstag, 28. Juni 2003, 13:28:14 Uhr MET, schrieb Stefan van der
Eijk:
> > > I guess everybody in this thread was trying to boot the kernel on an
> > > AMD based machine. Is this correct?
> >
> > No, it also doesn't run on my P4 with an i845PE chipset. I have
> > ordinary ext3 partitions.
>
> Haven´t updated in a while, but since devfsd seems also broken, doesn´t
> it panic because of a broken/nonexsistant initrd image (due to failed
> creation of it because of no loop dev entry?).
>
> just a wild guess. What the panic message anyway?
>
> d.

It's a problem with this part of the changelog:
"- update andrea VM to rc8aa1."

the kernel dies with EIP at delta_nr_cache_pages...
(wich comes from the above patchset...)

Juan!
Are you aware of this...
are you able to replacate this bug,
or should I send you the output of the crash...

I would track it down myself...,
but I don't have time until the end of this week....

--
Regards

Thomas Backlund

http://www.iki.fi/tmb/