Steffen Barszus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

[...]

> isdn4linux scripts will allways be bloated once you have the most common
> options running. Its a common flaw of isdn4linux. Once you beginn with a
> small script and you add this and that, you will have in the and again a
> bloated script or you do not support the most common uses of isdn4linux.
> Further it is a pain to support isdn under mandrake if you first have to
> determine which version the people have running. (I mean support on
> mandrakeexpert here)

ok, then let's go for isdn4linux :)

> [ ... ]
>
>> besides these modifications, are the mdk isdn4net script correct? do they
>> work with drakconnect correctly? Is there a list of supported isdn cards by
>> drakconnect+isdn4net ?
>
> Beside that drakconnect and isdn4net should work without problems.
>
>  I could try to figure out wich cards should work with isdn4net and
> drakconnect, faster I could make a list of supported cards of isdn4net alone.
> Am I right that all modules that van be found in ldetect-lst with "ISDN:*"
> should be known to isdn4net to support all cards ?

yes, exactly. Be carefull, one ISDN card has a firmware, and this is written in
the pcitable:

"ISDN:hisax,type=28,firmware=/usr/lib/isdn/ISAR.BIN"

>  If there were cards that worked with isdn-light and not with isdn4net i would
> like to know about it, so i can support it with isdn4net. For me isdn4net
> worked allways better then isdn-light.

The only thing I can see is the firmware loading. One should check that
configuring the Speed Fax+ PCI from Sedlbaueur works (with firmware loading)
when configuring it with drakconnect + isdn4net

> Further I have added an option to fast
> add unsupported cards.
>
> As you know the scripts I guess you understand the following.
>
> 'ippp*')
>                 echo "Loading driver defined in modules.conf ..."
>                 /sbin/modprobe -v $I4L_MODULE >/dev/null
>                         if test $? -ne 0; then
>                           cleanup
>                         fi
>         ;;
>
> A driver ippp0 can be added with an alias to the correct driver in
> modules.conf.
>
>> If it works as good as it worked with isdn-light, I'll do the modifications
>
> Again if there were known problems with isdn4net that i do not know about i
> would love to hear about it, so i can fix it. I would say it works as good as
> isdn-light. I haven't heard the opposite.
>
> I will send the src.rpm to you per PM

ok. I'll do the modifications then, and ask for the src.rpm to be included in
main after I review it. I'll do all that tonight or tomorrow.

Regards

--
dams