On Mon, 29 May 2000, David Hart wrote:

>       That's part of the problem; the installer doesn't give any errors, it
> just doesn't install the bad rpms. I'm grabbing your extensions iso now, just
> to do a little more checking.

Yes, I reported this problem during the 7.0 beta, I guess it's still there.
Always switch over to the text screen when installing Mandrake -- it's the
only way to know if your CD is bad.  The fact that it spits out error
messages whenever it hits a bad RPM shows it can identify the situation,
but the graphical installer won't mention it to you, even if one of the
RPMs it can't install is glibc!  Nice looking as it is, the graphical
installer is still useless for anyone but a casual user -- you definately
don't want to use it while installing on a serious work machine or server.