On Sunday 20 July 2003 06:03, Abel Cheung wrote:
> Andi Payn wrote:
> | I even tried building some autoconf scripts from scratch following the
> | recommendations, and they don't find either guile-gtk. (For example,
> | guile-gtk.h is placed in /usr/include/libguile-gtk-1.2_0/guile-gtk.h, but
> | guile-config doesn't list that directory, so the file is never found.)
>
> Is the /libguile-gtk-1.2_0/ subdir invented by packager?

I'm not sure. I do know that the only file in that directory is guile-gtk.h,
however.

> | The exact same problems turn up with gtkextra.
>
> You mean building gtk2 port of gtkextra? I had it packaged (not
> submitted because no package need it so far) but it doesn't need guile
> at all.

No, sorry; nothing to do with guile here. I meant that (just as with guile),
there is no package for the gtk2 port of gtkextra.

If you have an up-to-date package, please upload it. (If you're concerned that
no package needs it, well, now we have one: gnubg.) Or I can package it, if
you don't want to bother.

> | If you link /usr/include/libguile-gtk-1.2_0/guile-gtk.h into /usr/include,
> | that allows guile to be used in gnubg. Should the package
> | (libguile-gtk-1.2_0-devel) include this link, or is there a better way to
> | accomplish this?
>
> Better patch guile-config to include the aforementioned include dir.

On the other hand, if we get the gtk2 port of guile-gtk, then the only package
I've seen for which this is a problem will use that instead, so there's
really no need to change anything.

Thanks.