*g*

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Simon Oosthoek wrote:

> Although I'm not a developer for Mandrake packages, I do know something
> about software and development.
Same to me, but normally thats exactly the cause i keep me from writing
"how if we do things like that"-mails ;)

> - There still isn't a snapshot of cooker
> - I believe there should have been a first beta now
As long as half my installations have troubles with acpi and don't boot
with the latest kernel (and i don't find the problem ;), I have no problem
waiting.
> - There are a lot of problems with the current compiler (gcc 3.3.1)
> Wouldn't it be a good idea to freeze/revert to a know good compiler, start
> pumping out a stable version of the current cooker to put out to a more
> general public and keep the compiler stable (except for broken situations).
The latest more or less stable compiler would be gcc 3.2.3 (imho). As
compiling with other 3-versions is really slow, there's not much sense in
switching to something earlier than those. As 3.2.3 and 3.3.1 afaik have
more or less the same problems.. why not stay at 3.3.1? :)

waking up with too less coffee to stay awake is bad ;)

Hmm... why does acpi work for my acer tm 632xv with 2.4.21-0.13mdk but
fails with kernel-2.4.21.3mdk-1-1mdk?

        Jochen Schönfelder

Jochen Schönfelder      Spannskamp 26   22527 Hamburg