Hi Buchan,

it's funny - in my 10 Years of working with Linux - I did not manage to get
dhclient working reliably - it always screwed my DNS (/etc/resolve.conf file)
as I have my own Name-Server running - it screwed that one too.
Pump - IMHO - is simple - small and does what I wanted it to do. Nothing else.

dhclient might be better for automated installation tools - if they work.
However - if you are an old networking guy who knows what he's doing - I have
to admit that pump does whatever you need - and does not interfere with the
rest.

And in this case - a user had a problem related to the complexity of dhclient
IMHO ...

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers

        Joerg

--
A lie in time saves nine.
| Joerg Mertin              :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (Home)|