FACORAT Fabrice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > > - overlap/hide journal
>
> journal is still overlap/hide. Under Cancel/Validate you have a big
> space.

fixed in drakconf-9.2-0.11mdk

> > > - boot splash configuration should be move to an another widget
> > > and follow the example of boot loader configuration. This will
> > > save a lot of space.
>
> where is boot splash config ?

for now it's hidden due to bugs and because of draksplash being buggy
and unmaintained (for now)

> many message in console when entering boot loader configuration screen :
>
> "text" member should have been used instead of "label" one at:
> interactive::gtk::__ANON__() called from
> /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive/gtk.pm:578
> interactive::gtk::__ANON__() called from
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/MDK/Common/Func.pm:239
> MDK::Common::Func::map_index() called from
> /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive/gtk.pm:578
> interactive::gtk::ask_fromW() called from
> /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive.pm:391
> interactive::ask_from_real() called from
> /usr/lib/libDrakX/interactive.pm:379
> interactive::ask_from_() called from /usr/lib/libDrakX/any.pm:294
> any::setupBootloader__general() called from /usr/lib/libDrakX/any.pm:147
> any::setupBootloader() called from /usr/sbin/drakboot:339
> (eval)() called from /usr/sbin/drakboot:339
> main::lilo_choice() called from /usr/lib/libDrakX/ugtk2.pm:878
> ugtk2::main() called from /usr/sbin/drakboot:318

i added warnings so that we do not pack extra label behind checkbox
when we've not use the checkbox label.
else you can select the empty label of the checkbox which looks ugly.

all callers that result in printing this should be fixed

> > > - need tooltips explaining boot loader configuration options
> >
> > that is ? which options do you speak about exactly ?
>
> compact : you have the explanation during install ( some scsi disk
> bla bla bla ) but afterwards if you want to activate it you may not
> remember its meaning.
>
> boot device : explain what does this mean, talking about MBR and
> what is hda/hdb/hdc/hdd . A tooltip may be too short
>
> acpi & apic : not explain what is it, but maybe why we may want to
> enable/disable it.

added to my todo list