>> > When trying to boot, just after lilo i see "BIOS check, loading..." (the
>> > first message after lilo), and after the screen is blank.
>>
>> This confirm report from other poeple who try it from source.
>
> Try changing to "vga=normal" in lilo.conf (or grub, whatever). I guess
> the framebuffer stuff isn't working yet.

it is working. I will post my config today evenying.

please read <http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/post-halloween-2.5.txt> (the
server seems to be down unfortunately, may be it is available somewhere else).

make sure you have just one framebuffer driver selected, having several
may lead to problems.

Olivier, please consider to aply patch
<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=105928711921190&w=2>, it would allow
me to
add 2.6 support to libsensors. I have not got any reply from lkml about it :( but
having working implementation would increase chances it gets applied.

2all - YOU NEED MKINITRD AND INITSCRIPTS. Without them 2.6 is only
partially usable. mkinitrd can be uploaded - it is ok. initscripts
need more work, specifically I am now working on new hotplug with
2.6 support and better initscripts integration

you may currently need to load mouse drivers manually.

2all - please, Cc me on this thread