From: Jonathan Prigot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 11:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Cooker] Mandrake's Stability

I used to use RedHat. Since I bought a boxed set, I could use their Update
program (it's been a while, so I forget the exact name). It seemed like
every
time they released a patch/update, it would show up in their utility. With
MandrakeUpdate, the announced security related fixes don't always show up. I
like Mandrake a lot (even though it was the only distro to completely wipe
out
a user's hard drive due to defective hdparm settings [6.0?, 6.1?]), but I
don't
have quite the warm fuzzy feeling I had with RedHat.
---

--
Jonathan M. Prigot (617-278-0794)
Brigham and Women's Hospital