On 2003.07.30 13:16, Michael Lothian wrote:
Does that mean we can expect better support for DVB cards? Like just being able to press a tune button in a nice GUI and then selecting the channel you want to watch?

I'm not interested in watching TV. Although we did just package vdr and kvdr which should be fairly easy to use. I'm much more interested in how to build and use a video editing facility in a box.

Why can't everything work out the box with linux?

Because not enough people are willing to put in enough time to write drivers and easy-to-use software for free. That's why.

A nice start would be this: If you have a DVB card, try to get it working, document your experience, and forward your results to me. I could then include any helpful tips in the howto and make our video RPMs even easier to use. (Note that I asked for this on my wiki page a long time ago and have yet to get ONE usability report. Perhaps our wiki is not that widely read.)

Austin