On 01 Aug 2003 14:07:14 +0200
Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hum, why was it uploaded into contrib as a separate, different
> package from "gettext" from cooker? For testing purposes? Since
> it can't install with gettext from cooker..

I have upload access only to contrib not to main, not to mention the
fact that I am not the maintainer of the pkg and would not consider
screwing with someone else's main pkg.

I had previously posted to the list that I was using/needed
gettext-0.12.1 in order to build/use CVS claws.

As it appeared that no updated mdk rpm would not be soon forthcoming I
endeavored to successfully build gettext-0.12 using libtool-1.4.3, which
can be a pain as it really needs 1.5 not to mention the fact that the
build will occasionally balk with automake1.7 since move to 1.7.6

Succeeding in this, and feeling that others might also desire their
avaiability I made note to the list of my intentions to upload it to
contrib as gettext_0.12.
Receiving no adverse feedback the pkg was uploaded.

I have been using the 0.12 rpms on my systems for several weeks and have
had no problem.
Should you wish to consider 'adopting' the pkg to replace the current
gettext I would have no complaint.

    Charles

--
What good is it if you talk in flowers, and they think in pastry?
                -- Ashleigh Brilliant