Geoffrey Lee wrote:

> patch the code yourself if youd on't like how it works :ppp

No offense, but that's a crummy response to user feedback, a habit on
this list I might add. Yes, I can patch the code, but that's not
relevant to the discussion, nor can I do that during install. In actual
fact, it's a question of NOT patching the code, as the "feature" has
been added via a Redhat specific patch, take a look at the source RPM.

I've been a Unix/Linux user for a long time and I spend a lot of time
educating Windows users on the advantages of going with Linux, but it's
less easy to do that when behaviour is counter-intuitive. The whole
point of defaults is just that: defaults. It's EXPECTED behaviour of
just about any software you encounter that the defaults are accepted in
the absence of instructions to the contrary, otherwise why bother with
defaults? The wrong answer, if we desire Linux to grow, is "patch the
code". I can assure you that companies in the business of selling Linux
want it to grow.

Anyways, enough said. I don't plan to modify the RPM, it's a maintenance
headache to keep doing that everytime an upgraded RPM comes down the
pipe, so I'll deal with the behaviour.

John