Le lun 04/08/2003 à 14:06, Lyvim Xaphir a écrit :
> The lack of choice in the matter is what pisses people off.  It's the
> whole reason why there have been other problems elsewhere, like the
> rpmdrake fiasco.

200% agree with :
"
- this say I need this, I do it install it ?
- go to rpmdrake ... no MCC -> Software -> Install software and look for
this package
- can't find !!!
- check if you can find it in Remove software ( and cross your fingers
hoping it will not deinstall it )
"

> If I want to run kdm, I don't want the system telling me I can't
> uninstall mdkkdm because some marketing psycho freak at Mandrake thinks
> mdkkdm will be good for advertising.

the inabilty to deinstall mdkdm is weird.
mdkdm seems to rely a lot on kdm ( config file ) so you have a direct
dependance between them. Mdk tools should be as neutral as possible.