On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 08:21:56AM +0200, Alexandre Dussart wrote:
> Harry Henry Gebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > This is the correct information, when I click "run configuration tool" a
> > window comes up with IRQ, I/O base, etc. Under Mandrake 7.0 I just clicked
> > OK here and sound worked after that, but on cooker the window just goes
> > away when I click OK and sound still does not work.
> could you check if 'sox' package is present by doing: rpm -q sox?
> could you run sounddrake from a xterm and recopy xterm output after
> pressing ok, please?

sox is installed (version 12.16-6mdk)
soundrake is installed (version 0.6.6-3mdk)

Here is what sounddrake says:

[root@localhost hgebel]# sounddrake
Can't read /usr/share/harddrake/soundcard
Error in pnpdump call...

There is no file /usr/share/harddrake/soundcard and when I run
`rpm -qf /usr/share/harddrake/soundcard` I get:

[hgebel@localhost hgebel]$ rpm -qf /usr/share/harddrake/soundcard
file /usr/share/harddrake/soundcard: No such file or directory

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS        ICQ# 76308382
West Dover Hundred, Delaware