On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 06:57:00PM -0700, Lorne Shantz wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug. ?? Installed 7.1 via expert
> mode, and selected paranoia mode. set a 10 digit password, set up a user
> and selected the same 10 digit password. Upon reboot, I can't gain
> access to the server as root. I did get logged on as the user but of
> course can't do a darned thing.

Yes, this is a feature.  Log on as a user and su to root.  Experienced
people say that you should never log on as root.  IMHO this is a bit
paranoid; as long as you stay logged in for the bare minimum it isn't a
problem.  Of course, a) the whole point of that level is to *be* paranoid, and
b) I'm not a sysadmin (ie person paid to be paranoid).

HTH  :)

--
  This is my sig.  I shall insert something witty here soon.