Le 4 Août 2003 16:52, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
> Use the flags man ... ;-)
>
> rpm -ba kernel_srpm_name  --without up --without smp --without
> secure --without doc --without BOOT
>
> will build only the enterprise kernel and the kernel-source ...

Mmm...actually that doesn't work on my system. It says that the file
kernel-2.4.21.6.5tmb-1-1mdk.src.rpm is not a "spec file".

I'm not too familiar with .src.rpm files... it seems the only thing I can
build from the source package file with rpmbuild (my next logical guess) is
the binary, but I need the kernel-source file to compile the NVIDIA drivers.

How would I go about building the source file from the source package
(.src.rpm)?

Sorry if this is a newbie question...I'm more used to compiling from source
and straight RPM. Ican't use the straight RPM here as the NVIDIA installer
will complain that it has not been compiled with the same compiler as the one
I have (gcc-3.2.3-1mdk) and refuse to compile the module.

Thanks!

--
Élie Charest
[EMAIL PROTECTED]