Mandrake 9.2 beta2 is the OS.
I recently tried booting into rescue mode on the laptop
to see if I could salvage the installation of Mandrake9.2 beta 2.
When I try to execute lilo, I get this error in dmesg:

  attempt to access beyond end of device
  03:01: rw=0, want=4, (=0x4), limit=1

I'm guessing this is a problem with lilo or the kernel?

-Joe Baker