Robert Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

> It appears to have loaded the network card module (pcnet32) and
> successfully performed the DHCP request - because I can see the DHCP
> dialog and an IP address on the card.

There are sometimes problems of the like with buggy network
drivers.

As of my test machine, I can start the stage2 with current
(1.813) build, FTP install (DHCP, hostname, directory,
user/pass).

> I'm trying this under VMware WS4 - but this shouldn't make a difference
> because I performed a full Cooker install just 3 days ago using the same
> method.
>
> Something has changed on the boot disk image since then!

Yes we now use 2.4.21-6mdkBOOT, we used the 9.1 one for ages
(think Ron Stodden's concerns). It probably kind of broke the
pcnet32 driver then :/.

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~gc/