On Fri 15 Aug 2003 09:39, Keld Jørn Simonsen posted as excerpted below:
> I have a question for how the file labels under the installation are
> being determined.
>
> One of the times I forgot to deselect my /var partition from mdk 9.1,
> that is, because there was a /var label on that partition, the
> installation partitioning suggested that I mounted that partition on
> /var - and yes, then my rpm database for MDK 9.1 was gone... :-(
>
> I then tried to figure our how to change the file system labels,
> but till now to no avail. I tried e2label and  reiserfstune -l

I'm guessing it's simply following the path from the boot loader to root, and
reading /etc/fstab to see what you currently have mounted where, then
suggesting that.  Unless I somehow missed something or read your post wrong,
you should be able to change the "labels" (mount points) by changing the
mount points for the various partitions either there, or by using diskdrake.

--
Duncan - List replies preferred.
Benjamin Franklin